Monday, October 20, 2008

Epiphany!

After talking to Don, I was relieved because I now can focus and have a good foundation to work with. I've decided to focus my energy on developing a collective resource guide to help the new immigrants adapt to the new environment. And, essentially use this guide as a tool to create a indirect/less-intimidating communication and interactions between the new immigrants and Canadian locals.

The resource guide will cover 9 categories on daily essentials that new immigrants are likely to face:

1. Government
2. Career
3. Culture
4. Food/Groceries
5. Transportation
6. Living/Accomodation
7. Medical
8. Language
9. Education

And, I want to include fun facts about different cultures that belongs to each of these categories to make it fun and different. The main objective for this is to acknowledge and celebrate the cultural diversity of Greater Vancouver.

I never knew conducting an effective survey is such a huge undertaking. I just finished sending 70+ surveys out to people via e-mail since I know it might generate a greater return rate than just the blog. I'm trying to get as many people involved as possible as a test to see if this idea would fly.

Please see my next post for a blog survey...and kindly participate if you haven't already. :o)

No comments:

Followers