Thursday, October 30, 2008

Designing!











After struggling with gathering the materials (still in progress), I get to finally start on the fun part. This is what I've been looking forward to, the designing part of the project. After some research on binding, I've found some alternative ways to put my resource guide together....

Here are some options:
  1. Binder (Yikes! The ones I can found out there are hideous.) I did spot one that I like, the menu from Milestones is done in the binder format. I did more research on the production behind that binder, but it's way too expensive to custom made just one...so I quickly brainstormed for other ideas...
  2. Chicago screws (yeah! I can do this) Gives me more freedom and room to change my design around. There's one problem though... I want to make my guide in the vertical format for portability, but in the size I'm looking at (5"x8") it's going to be hard to flip the pages.
  3. Use two posts and make the guide like a calendar! (fun! I'm trying this out and going to track down the posts) *see photos
  4. No binding at all! One of the feature of this guide is the versatility of adding the pages and customizing it. Maybe they're organized in an accordion folder-type thing...
I'm just getting started. Looking at format and typefaces. Got some tests done for combining typefaces to convey the friendliness of this "book."

No comments:

Followers