Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dear ANHGV,


I'm writing to the Association of Neighbouhood Houses of Greater Vancouver to introduce my project and to book a meeting with them next Friday. I'm hoping to take this project into the real world and see how it works with the help of an organization. Hopefuly, they can be my base (or, better yet, a sponsor) in order for me to take the project to its next level?! I've attached my proposal and link to my blog for them to find out more about me and how the project was born....

Oh, here's a bit about them if you're interested.

Mission

  • We are a volunteer driven, community service agency.
  • Our mission is to make neighbourhoods better places to live.
  • Our goal is to enable people to embrace their lives and strengthen their communities.
  • Our challenge is to work with communities to develop innovative programs and services that meet the changing needs of a diverse population.

Statement of Diversity

  • We are children, youth, adults and seniors of all races, all religions, all cultures, all abilities and all economic levels.
  • We speak many languages.
  • We are men and women of all sexual orientations.
  • We value diversity.
  • We endeavour to reflect the diversity of our neighbourhoods in our membership, our Boards of Management, our volunteers and our staff.
  • We respect all neighbours.
  • We expect that all who come to our Houses, all those who provide or receive services, will extend the same respect to all those they meet here.
  • Therefore, we will act to promote the inclusion of all in our Association and in our community.

I think their mission is very fitting to the theme/concept of my project. I hope it works out. Crossing my fingers...

No comments:

Followers