Thursday, November 6, 2008

Great Feedback!



Great suggestions and feedback today. Thanks to Don + everyone!

I think I can definitely improve my presenting skills (more relax and not be rushing through or repeat myself) after seeing many great presenters today... Work on getting over my nerves before my final presentation would be a challenge I set for myself. Practice. Practice. Practice. I'll just practice and talk to people about it until I'm numb. Also, my mouth was dry as hell. Gotta remember to have water nearby for my final presentation.

For my final presentaion:
BREATHE + DRINK (H2O) + BE COMPOSED


Anyways, here are the things I've taken away from my critique:
  1. Macro: Address immigrants' ESL problems (new immigrants with zero English)?! Valid problem Don pointed out. I need take a hard look at this even though that every immigrant (or the main applicant for the Cdn PR status) needs to pass a language exam in order to obtain a Permanent Residence status. Most new immigrants in the age group will have the fundamental English skills (Richard from VPL). But the level of their English skills would vary from one another. So, I'm taking Don's advice and address this issue. I've thought about a potential solution of making the bilingual cards a spread with a perforated spine (so there's the option for people to tear it after they don't need the card in one language or the other).
  2. Closure of my box (I will be going to Daiso and Dressew to look at closure device)... Anyone else know a good place for me to find a locking device used on accordion folders?
  3. Incorporate a legend on the back of the lid (for people to read it while navigating through the folders)
  4. Revisit some of the similar tints of colours (even though the colours on the projected screen today was quite off, I'll still do test prints to see if the colours are in fact too close after being printed)
  5. TABS=HIGHLY VISIBLE: need to be easily pulled out. (Connie: maybe cut the dividers corresconding to the tabs? Craig: cut a slit at the fold of the folder so it doesn't get caught in the box.)
  6. My box need to be bigger in order for the people to pull out the folders with ease and essetntially make room for growth. (thank god for the prototype)
  7. Work on logo more. YES! for the idea illustrating diffrent culture and customs.
  8. Micro: Typography and layout on cards. I will be settling down with the finalized typeface decision tomorrow and get to work on the layout and structure. There are the things I need to consider:
  • Amount of info on the card (a system of listing contact info throughout)
  • Typeface combinations
  • Visual cues for each section (ie. Pricing metre)
  • Simplified Content
Ok, now that I've flushed these out of my brian, it's time to finally sleep...

No comments:

Followers